You can't change the size of your pores, but you can make them look a lot smaller.
You Will Need
* A facial cleanser containing salicylic acid
* An oil-free moisturizer with retinol
* SPF 30 Sunscreen
* A facial primer containing silicone
* Matte makeup
* A gentle exfoliant
* Redness-reducing eye drops (optional)
* A dermatologist (optional)
* An at-home chemical peel (optional)
* A do-it-yourself dermabrasion kit (optional)
Step 1: Wash your face twice daily
Wash your face twice a day with a cleanser that contains salicylic acid, which can minimize the appearance of large pores by unclogging them.
Step 2: Use an oil-free moisturizer
Make sure your daily moisturizer is oil-free—especially if you have greasy skin—because facial oil can make pores look larger. Use one that contains retinol. It boosts collagen, making pores look smaller.
Step 3: Use sunscreen daily
Slather on the sunscreen. Sun damage can make pores look larger—permanently. Use a sunscreen that provides both UVA and UVB protection and has a minimum SPF of 30.
Step 4: Prime your skin
Before applying makeup, prep your face with foundation primer containing silicone, which fills in the pores, creating a smooth surface for your foundation.
Step 5: Use matte makeup
Use matte foundation. It makes pores look smaller than cream- or oil-based ones, whose shine only highlights pores.
Step 6: Exfoliate weekly
Exfoliate your face weekly with a facial scrub or loofah. Exfoliating helps keep pores free of the dirt and oil that cause them to look larger.
Step 7: Consider dermatological treatments
Ask a dermatologist if you're a good candidate for a topical retinoid cream, or for treatments like a chemical peel, laser-skin resurfacing, intense-pulsed-light treatment, or dermabrasion.
Step 8: Consider the upside
Consider the upside: Prominent pores often result from oily skin, which looks less wrinkled than dry skin as you age.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades