It has become a popular and must-have beauty essential—the bath bomb. Not only does it bring an aromatic and calming feel to bath time, but it also leaves your skin soft and will make you smell wonderful for a whole week!
Vasseur Beauty—a bonafide YouTube beauty guru—with help from her mother, has found the perfect way to make your own LUSH bath bomb at home. LUSH brand bath bombs are about $5 or $6 each, so these DIY knockoffs will keep your skin soft and save you some money.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together. Pour the baking soda, citric acid, corn starch, and epson salt into a bowl and stir them together.
- Combine the wet ingredients. Mix the oil, essential oils, and witch hazel in a separate bowl from the dry ingredients.
- Combine the two bowls together. Add food coloring and mix everything together. Add enough oil to get the texture of damp sand (the texture should never be too wet).
- Pour the ingredients into the silicone molds, only a small portion at a time. Pack the ingredients with your fingers, and repeat this process until the entire mold is filled.
- Let the bath bombs dry overnight, then take them out of their molds and enjoy a nice, relaxing bath!
Bath bombs may be a trend, but with the amount of skin care benefits, they seem to be here to stay. Making them yourself will save you some bucks, which means you'll be able to afford to take care of your skin even more.
Viva La Bath Bomb!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.