In this tutorial, Jenny Jones invites you into her bedroom to show you how to give yourself an easy, 6 step at-home facial. Keep your skin young and bright with these fantastic tips from America's favorite talk show host.
1. Cleanse. Use your favorite cleanser or mild soap. Work the cleanser/soap in for a minute or so, then rinse with a warm, wet washcloth.
2. Scrub. Use a very fine scrub and not one that's grainy and harsh on the skin. Gently go over your face, avoiding the eye area. Focus more on your oily areas like the nose or T-zone. Household baking soda mixed with water into a paste works well. So does sugar & water but it's a little harsher. Rinse with a warm, wet washcloth.
3. Steam. If you have one of those at-home steamers, great, but if not, just fill the sink up with very hot water, then put your face over it and cover up with a towel for about five minutes. Try to block any openings so steam won't escape. You may have to drain and re-fill the sink again for continued steaming. This opens up your pores for the next step.
4. Blackhead Patrol. Get a magnifying mirror. Now gently remove any blackheads but don't just squeeze them! Use either a blackhead extractor or one of those Biore strips that you put on your nose wet, wait 15 minutes, then peel off. Be careful not to traumatize your face.
5. Mask. For combination skin, a clay mask is best because it really cleans and makes skin glow. Apply generously, not too close to the eyes, and relax for 15-20 minutes. Or try a mask of a beaten egg white to clean and tighten the skin.
6. Finishing Up. Remove your mask with a warm, wet washcloth. Then spritz with water or a non-alcoholic toner and moisturize. Do this once a week and your skin will glow!